The Village of Maywood is an Illinois Home-Rule Corporation that was organized on October 22, 1881. The Village is governed by a seven member Board that consists of a President and six Trustees. The Village operates under the Village Manager form of government. The purpose of the Village government is to provide residents with police and fire protection, water, sewer and garbage collection services, public works services, and other traditional municipal services.
The Village employs approximately 240 full- and part-time employees. Services are administered from six properties located throughout the Village at the following addresses:
- Village Hall - 40 Madison Street
- Maywood Fire Station (Main Location) - 700 St. Charles Road
- Maywood Fire Station (No. 2) - 1220 South Seventeenth Avenue
- Maywood Pump Station - Ninth & Wilcox Intersection
- Recreation Center (Multi-purpose Bldg.) - 200 South Fifth Avenue
Residents also play a vital role in the governance of the community through largely voluntary service on Committees and Commissions that provide advice and counsel to the Village Board regarding key aspects of life in Maywood.
Click here for dates and times of meetings held by the Village Board, Committees and Commissions.
The Structure of Our Government
To create the west suburban area’s best community where a traditional atmosphere is preserved and quality of life is sustained by a sound and efficient government.
To meet the needs of the Village by providing and promoting EXCELLENCE IN SERVICE!
Current Operating Budget: $19,015,468
Municipal Offices and Their Locations - Village of Maywood
- Village Hall, 40 East Madison
- Police Department, 125 South 5th Avenue
- Fire Station #1, 700 St. Charles Road
- Fire Station #2, 1220 South 17th Street