Director of Public Works
The vision and goals set forth by the Mayor and Board guide all matters within the Maywood Public Works Department.
Each year, Maywood Public Works, under the leadership of Director John West, identifies, responds to and completes a variety of high priority tasks. While much is accomplished in the present, Public Works is always identifying and preparing for future endeavors.
The Forestry unit provides tree trimming, mulching & tree removals;broken limbs on streets and parkways.
The Streets unit provides the following services:
- Resurfacing/hot patches
- Pothole repair (cold patches)
- Debris removal (tires, fly-dumps, large item summary abatements),
- Alleys (grading and small gravel patches)
- Removal of reported dead animals
- Facilitates garbage removal from Village and distribution trash containers.
The Signs unit addresses replacement, missing or new signage requests.
The Lighting unit addresses reported outages of street lights, downed light poles and exposed wires.
Water and Sewer
The Water and Sewer unit addresses televising, jet rodding and inspection of sewer lines, water main breaks, Buffalo Box Leaks (b-box); turn-ons and turn-offs of residential water services as assigned by the Water Division, Finance Department; Emergency Shut-off Requests as reported by residents/property owners for emergency repairs by private plumbers.
Lands and Buildings
The Lands and Buildings unit addresses the lawn, snow and internal maintenance infrastructure of all Village-owned properties and parks. Additionally, this unit is primarily responsible for Senior Citizen Program support, including Snow Removal.
Water Reclamation addresses the Supply of Clean Drinking Water, which complies with all IEPA prescribed guidelines, including:
- monitoring, sampling, responding to water quality complaints
- filing of mandated reports
- issuance of Water Quality Consumer Confidence Reports to all Water Recipients within the Village borders.
Please contact Public Works at 708-450-4482 for more information or (708) 450-4427 or 450-4463.
50/50 Sidewalk Replacement Program
Illinois Environmental Protection Agency
(Maywood 2019-2020 MS4 Annual Facility Inspection Report)