To keep the streets safe during the Village’s snow removal operations, the following reminders about snow storm parking regulations are provided.
• Parking is prohibited on any Snow Route when 2” or more of snow has fallen. These streets have signs indicating the snow route designation.
• Parking is prohibited on all public streets when 3” or more of snow has fallen.
• The Police Department will begin enforcing these parking regulations when 2” & 3” accumulations are present. Violators will be ticketed and towed about 1 hr. from the time the accumulations are reached.
• Cars normally parked on streets overnight should be closely monitored and removed before plows need to get through. Many incidents occur at night, so keep informed on weather forecasts and respond accordingly.
• Parking on streets after a snowfall may resume when the snow has stopped and plows removed snow to the curb.
During the winter months, please also help the firefighters by keeping the hydrants free and clear of snow and ice.
HELP the Village provide you with clean, safe streets and hassle free traffic flow.