The Code Enforcement Division is responsible for ensuring Maywood’s properties are maintained to the standards as described within the Municipal Code. These standards and regulations are employed to maintain the appearance, safety and quality of life within the Village’s neighborhoods.
The Role of the Code Enforcement Officer
Code Enforcement Officers are assigned a geographic area of Maywood and are responsible for the enforcement of the Village Building and Zoning Codes, Sign Code, Nuisance Codes and Property Maintenance Code.
If you are aware of code violations or dangerous conditions that may compromise public safety or health, please contact the Department at 708-450-4405.
Common Hazards & Nuisances Warranting Reporting
List of 2017 Contractors in the Village of Maywood
- Building Code Violations: Unsafe or illegal construction, plumbing, electrical or mechanical projects and structurally unsafe buildings
- Housing Code Violations: Illegal units, no heat or water, pest infestations, building disrepair, mold, overcrowding
- Public Nuisances: Graffiti, high grass, noise complaints, abandoned or inoperative cars and trucks
- Health Code Violations: Pest infestations, spoiled food, trash accumulation, illegal dumping,
- Fire Code Violations: Inoperative or lack of fire sprinkler systems, lack of fire extinguishers, blocked or locked exits, overcrowding of public events.
- Planning Code Violations: Illegal units, illegal construction, illegal auto repair and storage in homes, illegal signs, zoning, landmark violations.
- Public Works Code Violations: broken sidewalks in front of residences.
List of 2017 Contractors