Welcome to the Village Clerk's section of the website. Here you can access important information about the Clerk's Office as well as access a variety of applications, forms and reports. We welcome the opportunity to serve you.
The Clerk's Office is in Maywood's Village Hall located at:
40 Madison Street
Maywood, IL 60153
Main Number: 708-450-6362
Fax Number: 708-681-8818
Hours of Operation:
Viola Mims Village Clerk
Phone No.: (708) 450-6363
Fax No.: (708) 681-8818
Phone No.: (708) 450-6362
Phone No.: (708) 450-6360
Duties of the Clerk
The Village Clerk is a part time elected official that performs duties provided by the laws of the State of Illinois and the Ordinances of the Village. Listed below are specific powers, duties and responsibilities of the Village Clerk:
- Has the power to administer Oaths
- Illinois Notary Public
- Freedom of Information Officer for the Village
- Processes and Issues Licenses including Licenses for Liquor, Peddlers, Solicitor, and Canvasser .
- Attends all meetings of the Board of Trustees as required by law, takes minutes of its full proceedings and maintains a record of the minutes
- Maintains Real Estate Transfer Stamps, Building Permits, Voter Registration and general information
- Publishes Ordinances, Resolutions, and Bid Notifications
- Keeper of the Village records, maintaining files of all approved Ordinances and Resolutions and other documents required by law in a systematic order for easy reference
- Local Registrar and Election Supervisor
- The Clerk answers inquiries from other municipal governments, departments, and citizens; maintains the official Ordinance and Resolution books.
- Guardian of the Corporate Seal of the Village; countersigns official documents and affixes the same to all documents.
- Attest all contracts of the Village
- Responsible for Filing a certified copy of the Tax Levy Ordinance, Prevailing Wages, and Statement of Economic Interest with the Cook County Clerk within the time required by law
- Maintains custody and control of all Village documents which are not assigned to the custody of some other officer.
- Receives nominating papers and certifies names of all candidates entitled to be printed on the Election Ballot
- Issues employee, senior citizens, and children’s identification cards
- Maintains a record of Elected Officials, appointed committees and commissioners, and regular employees.
Mission of the Village Clerk's Office
The mission of the Clerk’s Office is to provide accurate, efficient, and professional administrative assistance to all residents, businesses and visitors; while maintaining a responsible commitment for preserving the heritage of our community.
Goals and Objectives of the Village Clerk
Ensure quality service through the following:
- Encourage ethical and legal behavior; as well as respect and care for all individuals.
- Provide efficient service with integrity, honesty and availability.
- Timely returns of Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests
- Effective communication
- Timely completion of Board Minutes
- Timely dissemination of information
- Provide clerical assistance to committees, commissions and block clubs
Local Liquor Control Commission Meeting: